Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC84lipWz8oYs3pCUpfK3w8A/videos

Monday, June 1, 2015

NOT your Everyday Birds! :-) A ColourArte Tutorial

It annoys me that people carelessly discard their garbage across our country.  I often reclaim abandoned car hoods, children's rusty bed headboards, old pieces of tires, broken glass, and anything I can remove from the environment that clutters our land to tote home. In my studio I bend, twist, glue, melt,  paint and manipulate the found objects into art pieces.  Studio A B See is always full of objects awaiting their transformation.  

The point is that it is a rare ocassion when  I buy something to alter.  This was an exception.  This book flew off the shelf, grabbed me, and begged me for a  new beginning!  I spent a whole $.25, a quarter of a dollar!, to free it from its dusty home in an antique shop.

Inside the book I found a familiar scene from my childhood . . . an abundance of blank space around text and a seriouos lack of color!

BEFORE

I have altered many pages from the book using ColourArte paints, including Twinkling H20's, Radiant Gels, Radiant Rains, and Silk Acrylic Glazes.  The unending shimmer of these paints is almost impossible to capture on camera, but in real life the pages below almost glow!
AFTER


There are many more BEFORE and AFTER pages of the book in the video below.  I hope you will view it and give it a thumbs up.  I would also like to invite you to subscribe to my youtube channel while  you are there!

BIRDS OF A FEATHER YOUTUBE VIDEO



Visit ColourArte.com each day for new tutorials by other Design Team Members!

No comments:

Post a Comment