Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC84lipWz8oYs3pCUpfK3w8A/videos

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Hello, Dolly! A video link for you...


Helllllllloooooo, Dollllllllly!  

I watched this video when I should have been sleeping.  It is so inspiring to someone like me who has drawers of found objects.  My stash is divided into metals, plastics, cloth, natural items, paper, old photos, and unidentified.  I want to use these so I will have an excuse to find new ones.  When I viewed the video above, I thought I had everything except the faces.  I pondered whether to cut faces from magazines and glue them on the sculptural pieces.........but NO!


Ever have an ah-ha moment? 

My aunt was a teacher for almost 39 years.  She passed away at age 99 a few years ago and I rescued an entire set of photos of her fourth grade students from the 1950's.   Someone had tossed these precious faces into the trash after her death.   I did not know then what I was going to do with them...but now I do.  

Won't those sweet faced children from a time gone by make adorable dolls?   Oh I just cannot wait to get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment