Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC84lipWz8oYs3pCUpfK3w8A/videos

Friday, February 28, 2014

I am not happy with Faces 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25

Yes, it's ugly. I am NOT proud of the quality of these faces.  The drawings look childish and poorly rendered. So why leave them in my blog?   I left them here for a reason.  I am human.  I make "bad" art choices and works just like anyone else, even after majoring in art, teaching art, and practicing off and on for years. But I preach to my students to keep their "bad" work, date it and put it away.  Look back later to see how much you have progressed.  It's like seeing a child's development.  You don't notice the changes so much when you are with them, but go away for a few months and the growth is evident.   

How often do I hear  that people think they aren't artistic or creative?  I believe that anyone who believes this either hasn't discovered the right media or hasn't practiced making art long enough to discover their own potential. 

I hear the same thing over and over..."I can't draw a straight line."  News flash!.... Use a ruler!  And be aware that most straight lines are boring.     It is important to understand that anyone can have a bad day, but anyone who wants to learn to draw, paint, or create other arts can do so! 

I had the wrong goal with these faces.  I wanted to get all 29 finished by the deadline, so I sat down and did a collage of faces tonight.  I made a watercolor splash and tried to find faces in it..  I did not reach the 29 face goal, but I did remind myself to slow down and enjoy the process.  Don't worry so much about the outcome.  This is a lesson that I have to remind myself of over and over.  ENJOY making the art and with perseverance and practice, you will produce quality work.









The next one reminds me so much of my brother. The likeness was not intentional, but he has been on my mind a lot lately.

RIP my dear Jimmy.....











I\ more faces I drew the more careless I became....a sure sign of fatigue and focusing on the wrong goals.
.











No comments:

Post a Comment